Salted Caramel...Maltesers... in a slice... we will have all of them thank you!
This recipe is a little time consuming, but so worth it for the end result of yumminess
Dark Chocolate Truffle Fudge Filling
225g 80% dark chocolate, melted
180g Maltesers, roughly chopped (see garnish)
Salted Caramel Filling
250g tin condensed milk
1/3 cup golden syrup
1 teaspoon salt
Milk Chocolate Topping
225g milk chocolate, melted
Instructions:Malt Biscuit Base
- Line a 18 x 28 cm slice tin with baking paper.
- In a food processor place the malt biscuits, coconut. Pulse for 30-40 seconds until a fine crumb is formed.
- Pour in the melted butter and pulse for a further 10-20 seconds until the biscuit mix comes together.
- Pour the biscuit mixture into the pan. Using your fingers gently press the mix out until it evenly covers the bottom of the pan.
- Place into the fridge to set for a minimum of 30 minutes.
Dark Chocolate Truffle Fudge
- Into a bowl pour the melted dark chocolate. Add in the cream and gently stir together until the mixture is combined and starts to thicken. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes or so to cool enough to add the Maltesers without them melting. Once the mixture has cooled sufficiently add in the chopped Maltesers and stir to combine them in.
- Take the malt biscuit base out of the fridge and pour over the truffle fudge filling. Using an offset spatula gently spread the mixture evenly over the malt biscuit base. Place back into the fridge for a further 20-30 minutes for the truffle fudge filling to set.
- In a small saucepan add the condensed milk, cream, golden syrup and salt. Bring the mixture up to the boil, stirring constantly. Lower to a simmer and let it bubble away for 15-20 minutes, stirring regularly so it doesn't burn. By this time a lovely golden caramel is formed and should coat the back of your spoon quite thickly.
- Set it aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly before pouring over the dark chocolate truffle fudge layer.
- Gently smooth the caramel with an offset spatula over the fudge layer and place back into the fridge for a further 15 minutes to cool and firm up.
Milk Chocolate Topping & Garnish
- Remove the slice from the fridge and pour over the melted milk chocolate over the top of the salted caramel. Using an offset spatula quickly spread the milk chocolate evenly over the top of the caramel.
- Then quickly press the leftover Maltesers into the milk chocolate leaving a little sticking out of the top.
- Place back into the fridge and let it chill for a good hour before cutting into bite size pieces.
Serve and enjoy!
Recipe taken from Thewhimsicalwife